Are you looking to join a team that empowers their employees to grow to the next level? We have a great opportunity to work closely with Senior Accountants and offers a strong mentor program. We are hiring a Tax Accountant with a solid interest in tax compliance. Apply today!
- Filing of multi state, county, district and local sales and/or use tax returns, and ensure tax payments are made on time.
- Gathering information and documentation needed for all sales and/or use tax audits.
- Assist with implementation of tax systems and policies for sales and use tax compliance.
- Respond to all correspondence from state taxing authorities timely to ensure good relationships with taxing jurisdictions.
- Monitor customer’s Sales Tax Exemption Certificates and ensuring that all taxable sales are correctly being taxed.
- Responsible for the processing and auditing of employees travel & entertainment expenses.
- Responsible for ensuring the costs of the company’s fleet of vans is properly allocated to the using departments and van inventories are accurately accounted for and reconciled to the general ledger.
- Preparation of journal entries; maintain specialized accounting entries, schedules and analyses.