My client seeks a Tax Accountant for a full-time opportunity to work out of its Philadelphia offices. The Tax Accountant will primarily focus on income tax compliance and reporting, research, planning, and other special projects.
• Preparation and review of US, State and International Tax returns/forms
• Preparation of quarterly estimated income tax payments and extensions for federal and state income taxes
• Assistance with the calculation of the Company’s annual and quarterly global effective tax rate, cash tax forecast, deferred taxes and taxes payable in accordance with ASC 740 including APB 23, FIN 48, 163(j) and other required calculations
• Managing the department’s cloud-based file system
• Participation and support of tax planning initiatives and merger and acquisition activity as needed
• Prepare, distribute, and monitor income tax packages and information request for worldwide subsidiaries • Identifying withholding tax/treaty issues including tracking of withholding taxes on cross border transactions
The ideal Tax Accountant candidate should have a solid background in both federal and state tax compliance, ASC 740 as a well as a demonstrated research ability.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MST
• 3++ years relevant tax experience in public accounting or industry
• Experience in accounting for income taxes under ASC 740
• Capability to independently lead multiple projects from design through final presentation
• Strong analytical and accounting skills