My client is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant with growth potential to join their team and make a difference in peoples’ lives!
This key role is critical in supporting the VP of Finance, acting as assistant controller in VP absence. They are looking for a bright, dynamic individual for this highly-visible position who is hands on and will take the team to the next level. Come grow with us!
They are not-for-profit financial cooperative that has been in existence for over 100 years, They are a mission-driven organization that genuinely cares about its employees, members and communities.
• Responsible for accurate reporting of all financial information and reports including general ledger, financial statements, ratios, management book, quarterly regulatory reports and annual reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Address and consolidate management’s comments and questions each month.
· Preparation/review of budgets, schedules, policies, procedures and other financial/operational documentation as required.
· Oversee/perform the activities of accounts payable and accounts receivable, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, investments, accrued expenses, reconciliations and cost accounting. Ensure accurate and timely processing of general ledger, invoices, and employee expense reports.
· Prepare and coordinate the monthly financial closing and reporting functions. Analyze income and expenses and compare to monthly budget, preparing detailed explanations of budget variances for management.
· Prepare/review monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts. Ensure all accounts are correctly used and all items are adequately researched and resolved in a timely manner.
· Handle critical functions in cash management, investment analysis and asset liability management, including making proposals for management in each of these areas.
Prepare for internal and external audits and act as liaison for audits. Assist with annual report and footnote preparation.
Competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid volunteer days and flexible working arrangements. If you want to work in a friendly environment and with an organization that is looking to expand its footprint, please consider applying for this opportunity.
• Minimum 5 years of accounting experience (public or private), including in-depth, technical understanding of computer systems, related applications software and network operation.
• Requires professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for communicating with all levels of the employee population, up to and including routinely interfacing with executive management, CEO, COO, CFO, members, and vendors.
• Requires strong analytical skills.
• Requires a strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles/FASB Accounting Standards Codification, financial reporting, and investments.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Advanced Excel skills required.