RemX is partnered with a Medical Prosthetic Services firm in Northeast Philadelphia to find a Self-Pay Collections Representative to join their team!
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00a-5:00p
Self-Pay Collections Representative Job Duties:
- Running statements for each location monthly, determining claim was processed correctly and patient was advised of amount due and sends invoices as applicable
- Making outbound calls to patients to determine why payment has not been made
- Responding to inbound calls to process CC, payment plans, and troubleshooting patient questions/complaints
- Responsible for posting patient payments and balancing the deposit report to payment sheet
- Reviewing payment logs for accuracy, updating deposit dates
- Resolving discrepancies and notifying the Supervisor of any recurring issues
- Reviewing accounts and prepping for collection approval from Regional Managers
- Sending all necessary documentation to the Collection Agency for approved claims
- Providing monthly status reports or recommended write offs to Management
- Updating system immediately when balances have been satisfied
- Responsible for running payment plan reports on Waystar and making sure patient payments are run and recorded in the system
- Identify credit card denials and contact patients to ensure continuation of payment plans
- Responsible for accurate and timely refunds to patients
- Sort Excel Worklist to follow up on patients with high balances, cob issues, payment plans, and # of invoices sent etc.
- Properly explain Health Insurance Explanation of Benefits and answer patient billing questions
- Preparing statements for patient invoices, keeping records of collection and status of accounts
- Answer correspondence related to patient accounts
- Process billing calls from patients on their balances
- Research, record, and track patient billing trends within the company
Self-Pay Collections Representative Requirements:
Knowledge of Insurance processes and EOBs. Previous experience collecting with insurance and or patient billing. Excellent communications skills. Working knowledge of Excel and Word. Well organized and detail-oriented. Knowledge of HCPCS and ICD coding. Familiarity with State Laws regarding collections a plus. Ability to work independently. Ability to perform in a high productivity, fast-paced environment. Ability to document accurately and concisely. Ability to maintain sensitive information in confidence. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize diverse responsibilities. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.