Our client has an immediate need for an IT Operations Manager. This is a contract to hire position. The IT Operations Manager will be a hands-on manager who will lead the Help Desk and Desktop Support Technicians.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the activities of IT technicians, both to directly support end users and to assist with IT department upgrades and directives.
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably.
- If IT technicians are unable to successfully resolve a user’s issue, the IT Operations Manager will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem.
- Negotiate contracts with IT service providers.
Oversee Upgrades and Installations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess extensive training on computer software and hardware, including servers and systems, to successfully lead IT departments
- Be able to effectively manage IT personnel and set department priorities
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the IT department, some familiarity with assessing and improving processes is vital
- Possess strong written and verbal communicators
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, especially when it comes to directly addressing user issues with software, hardware, and servers
- Ability to oversee department budgets and capital expenditures