Excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to work with the AVP Controller & Human Resources and SVP Group Financial Controller, the HR Generalist will be overseeing payroll administration and all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll and also performs duties in Recruiting and Employee Relations. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
· Daily activities to include the following: polling of time clock, maintaining “Punch exception” report and missing punch report if there are frequent offenders. Editing time transaction i.e. any missing or incorrect Updating and maintaining employee information in time-clock system and entering new hires and terminations in HRIS system.
· Biweekly activities to include the following: inputting weekly hours, voiding checks/ manual check as required, distributing paychecks, preparing bi-weekly payroll and ensuring that all employees are classified in their proper departments.
· Monthly activities to include preparation of sales commissions spread sheet.
· Maintenance of YTD employee compensation reporting.
· Processes job requisitions.
· Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
· Acts as liaison with area employment agencies.
· Screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
· Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
· Coordinates background checks.
· Maintains employee related programs.
· Conducts orientation and onboarding of new employees.
· Follows up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as completing of health, employment and insurance forms, notifying the department of employee's starting date.
· Completes unemployment claims.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
· Minimum of 4 year's of industry experience with knowledge of California labor laws and state regulations.
· Possess knowledge and be proficient with computer software programs, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
· Knowledge of office administration procedures.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.