Income Tax Compliance Senior
This position is responsible for the preparation and filing of the Company’s federal, state and local income tax compliance requirements including the gathering and organizing the appropriate financial statement and apportionment information. Participates in audit inquiries as well as responding to federal, state and local income tax notices. Maintains overall income tax policies and procedures and makes improvements where necessary.
At least 2-4 years of experience with federal, state and local income tax compliance for a consolidated group of corporate entities.
- Preparation and timely filing of all federal, state and local income tax compliance and related workpapers including returns, estimated payments, extension calculations/filings, apportionment calculations and state specific modifications.
- Download financial information and preparation of returns in the tax compliance software tool (OneSource).
- Prepare and maintain income tax account reconciliations, analysis and journal entries as well as maintain a tax payment and refunds log.
- Respond to federal and state income tax notices.
- Assist with other compliance responsibilities including annual reports, business licenses, etc. if time permits
- Assist with income tax audits as they arise.
- Work with Accounting and IT to facilitate and maintain the efficient extraction of financial statement information and apportionment information for return preparation purposes.
- Research and document the Company’s tax return positions and exposure regarding all areas of federal, state and local income tax.
- Monitor developments in applicable areas of the tax law to determine the impact on the Company’s tax return positions.
- Document and update existing tax policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Tax preferred
- CPA license preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of federal and state income taxation
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with OneSource or other similar income tax compliance software
- Experience with Accounting ERP systems, Lawson is a plus
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and corporate tax law
- Project and time management skills with the ability to work tight deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with collaboration
- Strong organizational skills