The Planner I will develop and implement efficient and cost effective crew rotation schedules for the disciplines assigned to ensure a full complement and establishment of qualified and competent crew are maintained. The planner will provide support primarily for the Planning team. This role will typically be challenged with competing priorities and projects. Position has the authority to make decisions on scheduling plans
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Effectively develops and maintains cost effective and progressive shipboard schedules for the crew under the disciplines assigned. • Accounts for shortages and prepares contingency plans ensuring replacements are arranged to avoid extended periods of shortfall.
• Collaborates with shipboard management and operational departments identify manning issues and develop planning solutions.
• Resolves escalated issues from shipboard management, shore side management and recruiting offices.
• Ensures proper and timely communication is maintained at all times with shipboard management, shore side management and recruiting offices. • Consistently delivers on commitments to external and internal business partners. • Reviews MAPS data for accuracy in travel days, leave accrual and MAPS exception reports, etc.
• Monitors output of Automated Planning Tools.
• Ensures handover and supernumerary cabins are processed and/or negotiated in a timely manner and accurately updated in MAPS Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) for negotiating, responding and resolving complex, sensitive and confidential issues.
• Ability to analyze, negotiate, respond and resolve complex, sensitive and confidential issues and communicate clearly (verbally and written) will all levels of employees, management and customers.
• Proficient in the use of computer business applications with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database applications. • Well-developed planning and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities, to meet frequent deadlines and to work with sensitive and confidential information.