Are you looking for a great opportunity with a great company? Look no further!
Our client is seeking a qualified, highly talented and motivated individual who is looking to take their career to the next level. If this is you, don't delay! Apply Today!
This role is part of the Amcor Rigid Plastics Shared Services group and reports to the Manager, Sales and Resin Accounting. The role supports month and year end close activities, conducting balance sheet reviews, account reconciliations, volume, freight and rebate accounting and other activities as needed. The role requires the successful candidate to manage multiple conflicting demands and to work effectively with a variety of stake holders.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Accounting Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Sales Accounting team
- Ownership of various month-end close responsibilities
- Provide financial and operational month-end and ad-hoc analyses and reporting
- Customer Rebate Accounting and coordination of rebate payments
- Process freight, debit/credit memo transactions (i.e. customer returns/claims, and scrap / regrind shipments), check requests and intercompany transfers
- Royalty / Signing Bonus Accounting, including monthly JE's and reconciliations
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations, ensure month end reporting activities are performed timely and accurately.
- Lead periodic balance sheet reviews with Business and Commercial Finance groups
- Ensure that transactions are recorded using appropriate currency and correctly reflect the legal structure of our various domestic and international subsidiaries, work with Group Treasury in identifying and managing FX risk in the respective areas.
- Should we add something with regard to SAP – i.e. need to really own/understand processes, transactions, etc?
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
• Reporting, Forecasting and Analysis
- Lead margin analysis and partner with the Business Finance leaders in analyzing impacts of various pricing components on product margins.
- Assist with the development of forecasts/budgets.
- Analyze manufacturing profitability and cost-to-produce (by SKU, product line, family, segment, etc.) using multiple available tools (SAP/ BPC/ PMDB)
- Develop new Financial models as required (using Excel and Other tools)
- Sales Unit reporting - SAP sales revenue and freight recovery reconciliations
- Sales Margin Adjustments and Revenue Recognition, report price erosion where discovered.
• Team Leadership & Talent Development:
- Lead, manage and develop team of accounting professionals
- Attract, retain, engage, motivate and develop bench strength within the team to enable internal promotion and transfer as opportunities arise
• Other Responsibilities
- Manage special projects and drive process improvement initiatives, as needed.
- Assist in M&A integration activities, including system implementations, for the above areas and work with a cross-functional team.
- Other tasks, ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects as they arise.
Key Success Factors (Soft Skills):
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; capable of clearly articulating thoughts
• Unrelenting integrity and ethics
• Ability to be decisive and meet deadlines; very organized and good planner
• Pro-active and self-starter
• Ability to identify and implement new ideas and concepts: “change agent”
• Ability to lead without authority; effective team player and facilitator
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Effective team player who interacts / communicates well with others
• Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines and excel in a fast-paced business environment
• Ability to work with detailed information while also understanding the “big picture”
• Professional with strong overall business acumen
Qualifications (Education and Hard Skills):
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CMA strongly preferred.
• 5-7 years of increased responsibility in an accounting environment
• Accounting management experience preferred
• Clearly understands accounting concepts, transactional flow (t-accounts) and financial terminology
• Design, implement and monitor SOX internal controls as necessary
• Implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of efficiency and customer service while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP
• Strong general accounting and sales accounting skills, including thorough understanding of inventory valuation and margin analysis
• Understands financial statement relationships between balance sheet, income and cash flow statements; demonstrated experience developing / modeling financial statements
• Strong systems aptitude with preference given to candidates with SAP ERP and/or SAP BPC experience
• Strong Microsoft Excel user who understands and applies advanced Excel features
• Experience working in a large, complex and multi-location manufacturing organization.