Integrated Service Center(ISC)/Network Operations Center (NOC) Service Supervisor
My Wilmington, DE client is looking for a Data Center Supervisor. the selected individual will supervise the technicians (and have hands on responsibility) who are the first point of contact for clients, seeking technical and or on-site assistance. They serve as members of the client’s ISC (NOC) Service Center by providing 24x7 technical support over the phone and in person, and maintaining the smooth operation of client’s Business Continuity Centers.
- Provide 24x7 monitoring of environmental controls.
- Provide 1st level help desk support and ticket assignment.
- Provide troubleshooting, problem resolution & support for clients (which includes tracing or running cables, server installation, reboots and vendor supervision).
- Complete daily/nightly checklists.
- Participate in client meetings and project planning.
- Scheduling of shifts.
- Adhere to policies, standards, procedures and objectives.
- Monitor and comply with performance metrics and assigned service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Report weekly status to the relevant team leaders. Identifies problems and brings them to supervisor’s attention with sufficient lead time to avert crises. Also identifies changes in scope or work effort that could result in budgetary overrun or the missing of delivery dates.
- Notifies supervisors/escalates issues when problems or issues arise that are outside of normal scope of area.
- Participate in developing the future operation vision and take responsibility to develop and implement assigned processes, procedures and/or methods.
- Asset and Inventory Tracking.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to identify and communicate issues and risks to the team lead or end user to facilitate timely resolution.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications would be helpful.
- Enter data or information into a terminal, PC, or other keyboard device using various software packages.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instruction provided in the English language.
- Complete assignments with independent thought and action within the scope of specific assignments and minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Creativity. Ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions is helpful.
- Make basic arithmetic calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage calculations.
- Communicate orally with customers, co-workers, and the public in face-to-face one-on-one settings, in group settings, or using a telephone.
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper English sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- Proficient with backup products a plus.
- Experience with Network and System monitoring tools.
- Qualified applicants will be subject to a security and background investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information.
- Drug testing is also a requirement for employment.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
- Candidates must have own transportation and valid driver’s license.