RemX has partnered with a large credit union in Trevose, PA to assist in their search for a Mortgage Underwriter. The Mortgage Underwriter would gather background information, analyze loan applicant's credit history and approves or deny loan applications based on analysis. Qualified candidates please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Mortgage Underwriter Job Description:
- All new loans to be reviewed within 48 hours of the loan being assigned.
- Evaluate real estate appraisal to ensure proper guidelines are followed and final value is properly determined.
- Prepare the loan approval for all loans prior to submitting file to processing.
- Review and determine all required disclosures are in every file.
- Review credit reports to determine all accounts are present on the loan application and make corrections, then submit back through Automated Underwriting System (AUS) for updated finding.
- Review and analyze paystubs, W-2’s, personal or business tax returns and request any additional documentation required to determine the income.
- Explain reasons for denial and explore options for members when loans are denied.
- Assist with the review of loan files to determine if the loan can be approved or if additional documentation is required to render a decision.
Mortgage Underwriter Requirements
- At least five years of experience in mortgage lending.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for servicing loan applicants and staff while projecting a positive image as a representative of the Credit Union.
- Work requires basic knowledge of Word and Excel and a mortgage software system.