Sr. Field Service Engineer – Switchgear Communications, Controls, Power Distribution – Jacksonville, FL Area – Direct Hire
- Are you looking for a career opportunity in a very critical and stable industry - power distribution equipment?
- Do you have 2+ years of experience supporting electrical distribution equipment commissioning, maintenance, programming and installation? – switchgear, substations, PLC, SCADA etc.
- Are you able to work at customer sites up to 80% of the time in and out of the territory?
We are working with an international OEM of power distribution equipment that is searching for a Field Service Engineer on a direct hire basis in the Jacksonville, FL area that will work at the customer sites up to 80% supporting the maintenance, repair and commissioning of switchgear, switchgear communications and controls for primarily industrial automation.
Note: This position pays $42-$45/hr.; OT, full benefits, full expenses
Note: Relocation assistance to Jacksonville is available for the position
Main Job Functions:
- Perform inspections, troubleshooting and commissioning of power products that include automation systems, PLCs, and data acquisition systems
- Conduct site surveys prior to engineering and service efforts to determine scope of work
- Work with commercial and engineering teams to create schedules and installation plan
- Coordinate and assist with equipment installation with site representatives
- Perform site installation plan of industrial communications architectures, engineering, power distribution, and automation equipment
- Program automation and protective relaying systems
- Provide training for end users at customer sites
- Travel to customer sites up to 80%