Field Service Engineer – Switchgear and Controls Commissioning, Power Distribution – Jacksonville, FL Area – Direct Hire
- Are you looking for a career opportunity in a very critical and stable industry - power distribution equipment?
- Do you have 2+ years of experience commissioning switchgear and controls (plc’s) in an industrial automation or datacenter environment?
- Are you able to work at customer sites up to 50% of the time in and out of the territory?
We are working with an international OEM of power distribution equipment that is searching for a Field Service Engineer on a direct hire basis in the Jacksonville, FL area that will work at the customer sites up to 50%. In this position you will perform installation and commissioning of power distribution equipment in industrial automation, industrial facilities and data centers.
Note: This position pays $35-$39/hr.; OT, full benefits, full expenses
Note: Relocation assistance to Jacksonville is available for the position
Main Job Functions:
- Perform the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical and PLC components and subassemblies for the switchgear and controls for the equipment
- Commissioning of equipment on site within specifications
- Perform modification to programming of PLC’s for automation, protection or monitoring devices
- Provide preventive maintenance, field installations and repairs of the installed equipment
- Give technical product support and training
- Work with project management to select and coordinate the installation and replacement of parts