RemX has partnered with a large mortgage company in Philadelphia, PA to assist in their search for a DE Underwriter for a contract-to-hire opportunity. This position would start out 100% remote and then would transition into the office for 2 days a week and remote for 3 days. Qualified candidates must have a direct endorsement certification from HUD. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
DE Underwriter Job Description:
- Evaluate real estate appraisal to ensure proper guidelines are followed and final value is properly determined.
- Calculate debt-to-income ratios on loan applicants.
- Review all Marital/Separation Agreements, Divorce Decree, Child Support or Alimony documentation, Equitable Distributions and Installment land contracts
- Determine which company to be utilized on every loan requiring Private Mortgage Insurance.
- Prepare the loan approval for all loans prior to submitting file to processing.
- Review and determine all required disclosures are in every file.
- Review credit reports to determine all accounts are present on the loan application and make corrections in byte, then submit back through Automated Underwriting System (AUS) for updated finding.
- Explain reasons for denial and explore options for members when loans are denied.
- Respond to Internal and External Quality Control Audits.
DE Underwriter Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of current Federal National Mortgage Association and PMI Guidelines
- At least five years of experience in mortgage lending.
- Active CHUMS ID