Staff Accountant II
Job Summary: Position is responsible for various aspects of general ledger, cash management, fixed assets, commissions and some aspects of cost accounting, accounts payable and some aspects of accounts receivable. Reconcile accounts and transfers between various companies, analyze variances, prepare and close month end, and prepare monthly reports. Review transactions for appropriate General Ledger allocation and ensure that audit procedures and directives are followed. Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage reconciliation of bank accounts and prepare daily cash reports for management.
- Prepare or review monthly sales commission reports, update broker statements, research any broker claims, and make changes to commission reports.
- Manage fixed assets, including preparation of book and tax reports. Prepare and maintain fixed assets schedules, including depreciation
- Preparation and review of journal entries.
- Prepare audit schedules as required and assist with preparation and payment of sales and use tax returns and annual reports for required states and prepare all property tax returns.
- Review Accounts Receivable reconciliations, including bad debt, and cash discount reconciliations
- Prepare daily sales report and review general ledger reports to ensure proper coding according to the corporate policies and GAAP rules.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare and maintain schedules for balance sheet accounts including prepaid expenses, other assets, accruals, and liabilities plus reconciliation analysis, and/or review of all monthly accruals.
- Perform month-end closing procedure, create and post analysis and adjusting entries, monthly accruals and reversals. Assist with the quarter and year-end process and prepare and review some aspects of cost accounting reports, run daily required costing, review PPV and Production variance.
- Review periodic reconciliations and other closing procedures for their accuracy.