for large Healthcare Company
Network Technician will be responsible for providing quality support to internal and external clients over the phone, via email, and in person. The position requires the capability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues and determine what repairs are needed to be made and be able to plan for those repairs with the Network Manager. The successful candidate will also be responsible for installing, maintaining, and monitoring the data network. Network Technician will need the knowledge of network basics and non-vendor specific protocols. Ability to interface/communicate with internal team and other IT groups to identify and resolve network problems are a must.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
1. Under limited direction, responsible for identifying and diagnosing complex issues affecting network performance by testing and analyzing the network by utilizing tools and software provided in all steps of troubleshooting.
2. Responsible for configuring, installing and maintaining the network.
3. Understand troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity issues.
4. Knowledge of switch configurations such as VLANs and routing protocols.
5. Monitors network performance by utilizing preventive maintenance measures to ensure a stable and reliable network for the end user devices.
6. Communicate and interface with other IT groups to identify and resolve issues.
7. Communicates and interfaces with vendor support service groups as well as internal support to ensure proper escalation during outages or degraded system performance.
8. Able to provide front line support and handle other task as assigned by engineers on rather complex issues as needed.
9. Provide detail documentation using Visio, Word and Excel.
10. Provides guidance and direction for less-experienced staff.
11. Provide a sufficient level of project management of facility projects and new vendor installations.
12. Local travel required.
13. Other duties as assigned