Our client in the North Fort Worth area is seeking a Technical Engineer Procurement Fasteners to join their team. Fast growing company with an awesome culture. This role will fill quickly, apply today!
What you need to know:
- About the Role The successful candidate will provide technical support to the Commodity teams, in establishing capable Suppliers and to ensure that the product validation process is robust.
- To technically lead the introduction of new product into new or existing supply chain ensuring the suppliers production system is stable and capable.
- The majority of the time this role spent interfacing with suppliers and the commodity teams to understand supplier capabilities and how these impact commodity strategies. Accountable for improving the manufacturing capacity of designated suppliers with autonomy to agree improvement priorities with suppliers in line with the commodity strategy.
- Provide local point of contact for all technical issues to support the generation or modification of commodity strategies, and all sourcing activities.
- Educate and coach suppliers in the application of manufacturing methods to resolve problems effecting delivery or quality performance of suppliers.
- In conjunction with New Product Introduction team, technically lead the introduction of new product into both established and new supply chains, to ensure right first delivery of new product.
- Conduct and verify product validation processes to ensure suppliers manufacturing system is capable of reliably achieving the engineering standards.
- Manage the technical interface between Suppliers and the end Customers to minimize risk of delivery disruption due to technical issues.
- Participation in improvement activities at department/company level to enhance business performance.
- Comply with all relevant internal rules, policy and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job.
- Education/Qualifications/Training Bachelors degree in a related field or combination of education and experience required Specific
- Experience 2-4 years of experience of working within a manufacturing environment required
- 1-2 years of experience of using advanced quality tools (e.g. PFMEA or PPAP) required
- 1-2 years of experience of working within a technical role within an aerospace environment preferred
- Abilities Skills and Knowledge Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings essential