Remote IT Systems Administrator
My client in the staffing industry is looking for a remote IT Systems Administrator to support the day-to-day operation, administration, and configuration of systems across the business. This is an immediate need and is 100% remote, now and post Covid.
- Supporting network infrastructure (wireless, VPN, firewall, etc.)
- Executing maintenance tasks, configuration changes, etc. on Windows Server 2016 servers hosted in a Hyper-V environment
- Creating, documenting, and maintaining standard work for all IT tasks.
- Willingness to work after normal hours as needed, and/or on a call rotation.
- Providing best-of-class customer support by actively resolving support requests from end users, clearly documenting requests, handling requests in a timely and courteous manner, and above all, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Required Skills
- Three plus years of previous systems administration experience actively managing systems for a large organization.
- Experience with desktop application support and Windows operating system management.
- Experience with Microsoft Server versions, Windows and Active Directory (account administration, DNS, DHCP, GPOs, SSL, etc.) and O365 administration.
- Working knowledge of datacenter hardware configuration (NAS, SAN, DAS, RAID, etc.)
- Experience in management with virtual infrastructure (Hyper-V, Nutanix NOS, AVH, Prism).
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco systems (ASA, Meraki, Jabber, CUCM, Cisco IOS) and configuration (both through ASDM and CLI).
- Understanding of Microsoft’s Distributed File System (DFS) support, management, and configuration.
- Expertise with backup systems (on-prem and cloud), and disaster recovery (Veritas, Azure, Rubrik, etc.)
- General understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, subnetting, routing, port forwarding, traffic analysis, etc.)
- Experience with Office 365 deployment from cradle to grave, including Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc.
- Solid grasp of mobile device management, configuration, and support.
- Exposure to cloud (AWS) administration and support
Education BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent skills and experience.