Remote Project/Program Manager
RemX is looking to hire a Remote Project/Program Manager on behalf of its parent company, Employbridge. We are America's Workforce Specialists. The largest light industrial staffing company in the United States and a preeminent resource for professional staffing. We offer local expertise and service through our nearly 600 branches and provide a full range of employment solutions to companies nationwide!
As a highly competent and trusted Project and Program Manager, the Operational Services PMO directly enables the acceleration of strategic, operations-wide transformations involving a high degree of risk and complexity, encompassing the end-to-end project lifecycle. The PMO serves within the Operational Services organization and delivers project services through adoption of standardized methodologies and tools to deliver desired business outcomes related to the operationally focused investment portfolio and will serve as a trusted advisor to the Senior V.P. of Operational Services. This position is 100% remote.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the discovery, design, develop, deployment, documentation and training of solutions to address business process and collaboration between Operation Services and the Product Team
- Discover - Works with Operation Services management and the Product Team to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives and deliverables.
- Design – Supervises current state to future state solution analysis, operates as lead business analyst to project and business, and motivates cross-functional project team of business analysts, developers, and quality assurance analysts and testing teams
- Develop – Develops and executes a work plan to ensure all activities are performed. Reviews all implemented changes to ensure that they have met their objectives; refers back any that have been backed out or have failed. Troubleshoot issues culminating in root cause analysis
- Deploy – Lead delivery of the solution established in concert with the product team and drive adoption to establish capabilities and meet intended business outcomes for the operations organization
- Expedite, manage and coordinate a multitude of interrelated Operation Service project activities within the constraints of work stream resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of initiatives
- Assess the degree to which changes to scope; issues and risks will affect initiatives working with department, functional management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution
- Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Project Team, Functional management. Maintain close communication and collaboration with key stakeholders to adjust priorities as needed and ensure that initiatives stay on time
- Coordinate resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities. Supervises and motivates cross-functional project team of business analysts, developers, and validation analysts
- Document, collect, preserve and catalog key project related information, processes, and procedures
- Track the overall Operations PMO Budget
- Monitor the Operations PMO project(s) by providing meaningful information, analytics and recommendations in order to identify and improve portfolio performance and trends; create performance reporting, including Project Dashboard, Delivery Metrics, Customer Satisfaction
- Provide Perspective into and communicate the results of portfolio decisions and prioritization to all stakeholders in order to ensure operational & organizational alignment
- Establish relevant portfolio management practices (e.g., pipeline management, risk management, issue management, and resource management) consistent with the organization’s existing practices in order to maintain portfolio viability and delivery
- Develop relationships with other PMO leads (across the enterprise) to staff projects effectively and support coordination of enterprise efforts
- Assists with Monthly All-Hands and Senior V.P. of Operations Meeting agendas, planning, coordination and materials
- Anticipate problems or situations that could affect the project and team
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Professional certifications, PMP Certification from PMI or PROSCI Change Management Certification and LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt (or higher)
- 7+ years’ experience leading effective project team in a corporate environment within the staffing industry or supply chain operations
- 10+ years of work experience (preferably as business analyst in staffing industry) with 5+ years of Project Management Experience on large sized projects with high risk and complexity
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills with working knowledge of project management methodology, software as well as resource allocation & budgeting
- Experience leading cross-functional, remote and virtual projects in matrix organization
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities and proactively drive changes in project scope, timelines, and requirements
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources: management, business unit contacts, and technology/product peers
- Experience interacting with senior management and business stakeholders
- 2+ years in staffing, staffing technologies, supply chain technologies or leading supply chain operations is nice to have
- Past experience with leading the implementation of large projects with budgets $500K - $1M
- Expert level at planning and prioritization processes to align team and resources towards the most important business objectives.
- Experience with reaching mutually satisfactory agreements by demonstrating a strong competency in active listening, problem solving, and negotiating with a focus on interests. Comfortable operating in ambiguous and fast paced, growing environment.
- Skilled at helping clients, internal leaders, and partners understand their business needs. Listens for opportunities to create collaboration, offers advice and solutions and operates from a position of expertise balanced with collaborative approach
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous and fast paced, growing environment.
- Ability to determine risks and issues and able to clearly communicate, to executive stakeholders, how these risks and issues affect the project, parallel projects and/or their business
- Advanced experience using Microsoft tools, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and MS Project
- Some experience with Visio or process mapping software
- Ability to manage customer expectations and empathize with a customer
- Ability to develop strong relationships with a diverse group of users
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrate initiative and be inquisitive
- Possess drive and motivation for achievement with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly and be motivated by successfully accomplishing goals
- Be a self-starter that values autonomy and can thrive working with a dispersed, remote team
- Ability to work flexible hours, alternate shifts and work overtime during projects