Our client in Encinitas is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their rapidly expanding accounting team! This position is on a temp-to-hire basis paying $50-55K annually and could turn in to direct hire for the right person. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, advanced expertise in Microsoft Office including Excel (must be advanced with V-look up and Pivot Table skills), and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Please apply now for immediate consideration!
General Purpose The Staff Accountant is responsible for recording, and reporting on all financial transactions for our client. In performing these functions, the Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring compliance with laws, appropriate internal controls and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Prepare journal entries; review, adjust and close JE and month-end accruals
- Handling bank reconciliations in US monetary values
- Manage accounting functions including daily cash management, cash receipts and disbursements, accounts receivable, payable, general ledger, journal entries
- Assist with the month-end close of the books and records within the designated timeframe established (overtime may be required).
- Assist with balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in budget preparation and analysis
- Assist with implementation of inventory procedures to ensure counts and usage are accurate in financial statements
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Experience with SAGE or another ERP is preferred
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Preference for Accountants with 3+ years of experience
- Proficient in full MS Office Suite; advanced Excel user (V-look up and pivot tables)
- Full cycle accounting including month end close