My Banking industry client in the Philadelphia area is looking for a Portfolio manager to join its growing team. This position will start out remote but may ultimately be based at one of several locations in the Philadelphia area. Position Summary:
The Portfolio Manager position’s primary responsibilities include all aspects of portfolio management as relates to assigned portfolio loans together with the cross selling of Bank products and services. Additional responsibilities will include the facilitating of comprehensive credit analysis that evaluates the existing facilities in the portfolio. The loan portfolio shall consist of all types of commercial loans including but not limited to lines of credit, term notes, permanent owner occupied mortgages, and/or commercial construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Bank’s loan portfolio by preparing accurate, concise, and timely credit approval documents on loan modifications, renewals / maturities, and extensions for an existing portfolio of relationships consisting of construction, commercial and investment real estate and C&I credit facilities.
- Meet with Borrowers, Guarantors, key managers, accountants, and/or attorneys to discuss historical and future financial performance and collect financial statements.
- Conduct site visits ensure that the Borrowers/Guarantors continue to be fully operational as originally noted in the Bank’s originating credit memo and to ensure that the Bank’s collateral remains in good repair.
- Create financial spreads in the Bank’s financial spreading software in order to conduct an analysis of the Borrowers/Guarantors financial performance.
- Create a cash flow analysis in order to determine the Borrowers/Guarantors ability to repay the current and future debt obligations.
- Conduct annual reviews and covenant tests in accordance to the Bank’s General Lending Policy.
- Provide recommendations for ongoing risk rating decisions following an annual review and/or annual covenant test.
- Ensure compliance to policies, procedures and customer service standards.
- Conduct periodic test of C&I customers structured with borrowing base credit facilities based on the frequency prescribed by their loan agreement.
- Actively seek opportunities to expand the bank’s relationship with the customer, by identifying opportunities to provide additional commercial lending facilities (equipment loans, lines of credit, refinance facilities currently with other financial institutions), establish or expand deposit accounts, quote insurance policies, provide mortgage loans or home equity lines of credit, and cross-sell any other products that may add value to the relationship.
- Work directly with the Bank’s independent loan review auditor on an annual basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that all loan files are "audit-ready."
- Maintain a strong early warning system to assure timely and accurate risk ratings and loan agreement compliance.
- Manage the draw and funding process for lines of credit requiring approval for draws, including but not limited to specialty equipment, warehouse, and other managed lines of credit.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of experience in Portfolio Management in the banking industry
- Commercial credit and cash flow skills
- Knowledge of commercial lending policies
- Advanced knowledge of credit quality standards and credit products
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workflow
- Well-developed written communication and verbal presentation skills
- Knowledge of SBA lending is a plus
- Knowledge of construction lending is a plus