• Responsible for all records and files pertaining to accounts payable.
--Included are purchase orders, subcontracts, delivery receipts, packing slips, invoices, statements, checks, check registers, vouchers and reports.
• Responsible for vendor control. Maintain current insurance certificates for all subcontractors. Send letters for renewal certificates and hold payments until receipt of certificates. Verify receipt of signed subcontract agreement before releasing payment. Maintain tax identification numbers for vendors and determine the need for 1099’s at year end.
• Verify legitimacy of invoices by matching them to purchase orders, delivery receipts, receiving reports or discrepancy reports. Check prices and extension and perform any other tests to insure validity.
• Post invoices and payment to computerized system using correct coding and proper payment terms.
• Pay bills from the proofing process to the mailing of checks (subject to management approval).
• Handle all telephone inquiries regarding payment/non-payment of accounts payable invoices.
• Compliance with internal controls to create an audit trail and documentation of procedures which apply to the above responsibilities.
• Assist with various projects as assigned by Controller.
A successful candidate will have:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• 3+ years of related experience.