Our client has an immediate need for an IT Help Desk Technician. This is a contract to hire position.
The IT Help Desk understands the general systems and software used and provides IT support for the company’s employees at our corporate headquarters and at over 100 retail locations. Proactively predicts and identifies issues related to computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users with responsibility in the areas of computer operations (including servers), computer configuration, wire and cable installation, user and desktop support (hardware and software), telephone system upgrade & problem solving.
- Provides IT technical support in the implementation of computer hardware, and software as applicable.
- Serves as technical resource to unit.
- Install software, hardware, and peripherals.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users in a positive, customer service environment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnoses computer & telecommunication problems, and implements corrective actions.
- Assists in Research and system equipment upgrades and manages equipment inventory.
- Set up and configure desktop computers, peripherals and accounts.
- Works with hardware/telecommunication vendors to resolve equipment failures/problems.
- Install, repair and remove wire and cable lines.
- Manage VOIP phone lines and add/distribute lines, train employees on phone use/programming, communicate with Telephone Company all issues, and trouble shoot line problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience - Technical understanding of IT Systems both hardware and software
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills– Office 365, MS Office suite, Windows and email as well as systems knowledge
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Oral Communication – Strong ability to speak in positive manner, listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.