Our client, a global mortgage lender, is expanding and in need of EXPERIENCED Mortgage Loan Underwriters to work 100% REMOTE! They are looking to hire the right Mortgage Underwriters and offer an extremely competitive base salary, incentive plans, excellent benefits, paid time off and work/life balance!
Responsibilities for Mortgage Underwriter:
- Thoroughly review and analyze a processed mortgage file to assure it meets agency, investor, and/or secondary market requirements.
- Must possess the ability to underwrite various loans, including but not limited to: Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and Jumbo loan programs, with minimal supervision.
- Extensive knowledge is required in appraisal review, condo review, credit, asset, and income calculation, including analyzation of tax returns.
- Keep current with constantly changing guidelines and compliance issues.
- Be able to communicate respectfully and professionally with branches and other personnel, including closing, post-closing and quality assurance.
- Multi-tasking skills are a must, as it is often necessary to switch back and forth between files in order to meet deadlines.
The company offers:
- Strong compensation including salary plus incentive plus base
- Excellent medical, dental, 401k and generous PTO
- Collaborative, team-oriented working environment
- Great place for candidates that want growth and advancement in an expanding company
- Minimum of two (2) years of residential mortgage underwriting experience, preferably with at least one year of government processing experience.
- DE Certification a PLUS not a must
- Knowledge of industry - FHA/VA, conventional regulations
- Encompass a plus, not a must
Qualified candidates are invited to apply today!