Full Job Description
RemX has teamed up with a Top 10 bank looking to grow and add to their underwriting teams.
These are REMOTE ROLES.
All of my clients are going through tremendous growth and plan to grow the business’ through their mortgage divisions. This is a great opportunity to get in with a national bank and/or “lending” background….. not just a mortgage firm.
The Underwriter is responsible for analyzing and rendering complex credit decisions on mortgage loan applications consistent with internal policies and investor guidelines as established by FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA.
- Review loan applications and identify missing or incorrect information
- Calculate consumers’ income and examine credit histories, assets, and collateral
- Assess credit worthiness to determine if borrowers meet Ability to Repay (ATR) and Qualified Mortgage (QM) requirements
- Determine final credit decisions based on company policies and investor guidelines
- Understand and maintain a thorough knowledge of all policy updates
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Adhere to company quality control requirements
- Maintain relationships by effectively communicating with internal and external customers in a timely and professional manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with internal staff and external clients as needed
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain a customer focus and efficiently and consistently produce accurate work in both individual and team settings
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid knowledge of computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of underwriting experience
- Understanding of credit and an ability to perform mathematical calculations and review financial documents
Knowledge of loan origination investor guidelines