Job Description: Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs. Testing and evaluating new programs. Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications. Writing and implementing efficient code.
- Maintaining, updating and expanding a web-based title insurance production and settlement system used by title agencies, law firms, tile searchers and closing agents in multiple states.
- Analysis, requirements, functional design and coding of features and functions to enhance the product’s capabilities, security, performance, and position within the Title Insurance software marketplace
- Performing software testing and stringent quality checks to ensure an error free and functional final product to the user across multiple browsers
- Creating and maintaining secure IIS ASP.NET based websites and related web applications
- Testing the applications and websites on different web browsers to ensure a standard user experience for the clients across all platforms.
- Develop and maintain back end database structures including tables, queries, stored procedures, etc. for use by the web applications
- Recommend improvements to existing software as necessary
- Investigate and propose new technologies to ensure the software platform remains modern and robust
- Participate in requirements, design, and product discussions
- Interface with various internal groups including support, marketing, product, and senior leadership
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years of software development experience utilizing Microsoft technology
- Bachelors/ Master’s Degree or equivalent technical training.
- In depth knowledge with the IIS, ASP.NET framework, C#/VB, MS SQL and CSS
- Strong knowledge of database tables, queries, stored procedures, indexes, etc.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills to rapidly determine root causes
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills relating to coding, development, and testing phases.
- Familiarity with source control, team-oriented development, and release deployment
- Flexible and effective in working closely with business stake holders in an agile-like work setting
- Interface with Business partners and customers if/as needed
- Ability to work from home
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with DevExpress a plus
- Title industry and/or Title Software experience preferred