Our client has an immediate need for a Sr. Product Designer. This is a full time, permanent position.
Our client is embarking on a variety of ambitious projects. As our first full-time product designer, you will play a key role in new initiatives and the refinement of existing solutions, all while helping define the role itself.
You will set the bar high by owning and executing the design vision for how their employees and clients will interact with their next generation of products. You will work closely with partners in research, product and technology to create end-to-end solutions that meet our users’ needs and the needs of the business.
The ideal candidate has a track record of designing and shipping holistic and scalable product experiences across web and native apps. You are comfortable jumping into ambiguity during a discovery phase and leaving with clarity to inform and rationalize your design decisions. Your portfolio includes case studies of customer experiences that meet the needs of end users and deliver measurable results.
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative and unified end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web and native mobile platforms
- Collaborate effectively with researchers, product management, development, and other teams to define our product and service long-term strategy and deliver short-term tactics within timeline and scope
- Stretch your design skills across both visioning blue-sky concepts and executing against tightly defined features
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our users to create empathy and guide product teams
- Create user interface design, architecture and functionality according to usability and accessibility best practices, standards-compliant design and, most importantly, user tested data.
- Ensure your design is delivered to spec through active participation in the development process
- Contribute to establishing, maintaining, and evolving the visual design language for all our products and our design system (spanning desktop web apps and native mobile apps), with an eye towards both efficiency and a consistent user experience.
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users’ emotional and functional needs
- Partner with the Director of Design and UX to set up foundational design team practices, from process to external team representation