RemX is hiring for a Customer Care Specialist in Roselle, NJ! We are looking for an experienced call center representative who is energetic, a self-starter and can work independently and as a team player. The call taker acts as primary conduit for the transmission of verbal and written information from external sources to internal partners. Responsible for obtaining patient demographics, insurance information, and medical histories. Duties include a high degree of patient, medical staff and payor source interaction, utilization of patient information and coordination of insurance documentation.
Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday 11:00am-9:30pm.
- Handle high volume of inbound and outbound calls in a timely and professional manner, providing requested and appropriate information to callers
- Provides professional and courteous customer/patient care displayed through professional phone etiquette.
- Accurately collects all required new patient information, including complete and accurate insurance data and verifies eligibility
- Data entry of trip information that is obtained via phone, fax, or email
- Maintains confidentiality in all areas, abiding by HIPAA rules and regulations
- Collaborate with billing department and dispatch departments to ensure that all information received is accurate
- Escalates/routes appropriate calls/tasks to appropriate party for resolution.
- Maintains high level of knowledge regarding company services
- Communicates electronically with patients/customers via online portal or other Company communication methods.
- Obtain payment authorization from insurance carriers
- Obtain appropriate documentation such as face sheets from hospitals and upload them to patient record
- Actively participate in and complete all required training
- Other duties as assigned.