RemX is seeking a Remote Mortgage Loan Underwriter for several of our great clients across the country.
This is a Direct Hire Role and salary range is $80-$100k plus bonus DOE.
As an Underwriter you will be responsible for ensuring assigned loan applications are closed and prepared in a timely manner and meet all regulatory requirements. The position may Underwrite Conventional or Government loans, as assigned by management.
- Underwrites residential mortgage loan applications.
- Evaluating loan applications and other supporting documentation to ensure that the Company is adhering to Bank, Secondary Market, and/or Regulatory policies and procedure guidelines;
- Analyzing income documentation, (including tax returns, paystubs, award letters, etc) to determine repayment ability and that the borrowers are within the income guidelines as set forth;
- Review and approve all required third party documentation (appraisals, credit reports, flood certifications, etc) to ensure compliance with the necessary secondary market guidelines;
- Communicates lending decisions through the preparation of commitment letters and/or required adverse action notifications.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that the Company follows secondary market standards and all regulatory requirements
- Works with management in creating efficiencies and making the department more effective.
- Assist in training new underwriters and origination staff members
- Provide prompt, quality service to originating branches and correspondents professionally
- Recommend areas of improvement to staff and loan officers.
- Respond to questions, queries and request with suitable information.
- Responds to and resolves technical and complex problems that arise.
- Follows up on any deficiency requests by Shipping and Post-Closing to ensure timely procedure for loan funding.
- Complies with Banks Policies and Procedures, as well as regulatory compliance.
- Keeps abreast of industry regulations and changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned