RemX has partnered with a durable medical equipment company in Lawrenceville, NJ to assist in their search for a Medical Receptionist. If you're interested in either advancing or embarking on your career with a growing company in the medical field, then this opportunity is for you! Qualified candidates please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Medical Receptionist Job Description:
- Greets patients in the office and answers phone calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains electronic scheduling system. Answers incoming phone calls and schedules patients. Advises the patient of required documentation. Pulls charts for appointments prior to appointment date and verifies all information.
- Obtains copies of patient’s insurance cards and other documentation as required.
- Contacts insurance companies on an as needed basis to verify insurance coverage.
- Collects co-pays and/or deposits, and when necessary, may make financial arrangements with patients
- Maintains patient’s files with all current and pertinent information. Updates all information in the patient’s paper and electronics files.
- Maintains office supplies and orders additional supplies as needed.
Medical Receptionist Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to document accurately and concisely
- Excellent phone and computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel