Growing Ophthalmologist Office is seeking a Surgery Scheduler. The Surgery Scheduler is responsible for scheduling ophthalmology surgeries for the doctors with surgery centers/hospitals, counseling the patient, verifying insurance on surgery patients, collecting co-pays if required, preparing surgery charts and posting surgeries with the various facilities.
This is a Monday-Friday position 8am-5pm
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following:
- Schedules surgeries in the office, over the phone or at satellite locations
- Counsels the patient on all outpatient surgical instructions
- Obtains signature from patient on Informed Consents and Post-Operative Release forms
- Verifies insurance benefits on surgery patients and determines if pre-certification is required by their insurance company
- Sets up the postoperative appointments with referring doctors’ offices or Eye Health Partner's surgeons
- Schedules surgeries with the facility
- Prepares surgery chart for each surgeon, including pre-certifying surgery; obtaining the post op report from the referring doctor; typing the discharge letter and sending to referring doctors; reviewing with the patient the surgical instructions, appointment calendar and eye drops schedule for patient’s pre and postoperative care.
- Enters surgery appointments and post op appointments in the scheduling system
- This position will require you to float to all their offices, their offices are located in Powell, West Knoxville, South Knoxville, Sevierville and Morristown.