Quality Control Director
$65,000 to $75,000 per year
The Quality Control Director is responsible for the overall development, implementation and maintenance of the organization's Quality Management System. The quality control director position develops, implements and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of advanced composite materials and applications (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals). The position supervises a team of quality control coordinators and has a direct line of reporting to the Director of Operations, and a dotted line to our Manager, Quality Systems and Compliance
- Ensure the Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO and regulatory requirements.
- Update quality documentation to ensure best and correct practices are in place.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives
- Work with management and supervisory team on developing and executing corrective action plans related to quality concerns: complaints, global corrective actions, other chronic quality issues.
- Identify and record quality-related problems, initiate action to prevent nonconformance, and recommend solutions.
- Oversee customer requested audits. Develop Corrective Action Plan for non-conformities discovered during those audits.
- When necessary ensure that trial runs are designed and conducted in a manner intended to identify potential quality issues and resulting in a quality plan aimed at preventing non-conformances.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Investigate, document all customer issues and complaints determining root cause for each issue and corrective actions.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Interact with vendors to ensure the quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement teams managed by Director of Process Improvement
- Develop and implement Quality Management Systems, i.e. ISO, GMP, AIB, in conjunctions with Manager, Quality Systems and Compliance
- Establish SOPs for all quality processes and procedures to maintain consistency, accuracy and controlled results.
- Experience in markets such as printing and packaging industries desirable
- Staff, manage and allocate competent and knowledgeable QA Technician personnel to support the facility production operation
Non-essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Other job duties may be assigned to you, this outline is not to be considered a detailed description and you may have other duties/projects assigned to meet business needs.
- Plant Safety Coordinator Role - Assisting in and/or Managing Activities Such as:
- Safety Committee Coordination
- Monthly and/or Weekly Inspections as required
- Accident Investigations as necessary with corrective follow up
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analytical skills
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Performance Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Quality Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Documentation Skills
Experience And Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering from a four-year college
- Minimum 5 years of Quality Control experience
- Prior audit experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, preferred
- Strong data management skills preferred.
- Experience using Google Suites (Sheets, Docs, Drive)