The Clinical Callback Agent will effectively schedule appointments to retrieve missing documentation from medical records that have been identified as missing by a Clinical Abstractor. This position works in a highly focused, demanding and timeline-driven environment.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Place outbound calls to Provider offices with the goal of retrieving missing documentation via a fax or an on-site appointment.
· Return missed calls to the Provider the same day of the missed call.
· Follow the Clinical Call Back script as outlined in training.
· Clearly and consistently document outcome of communication with Provider office in assigned tracking tool.
· Complete HIPAA; Fraud, Waste & Abuse; and Medicare training requirements – maintain all aspects of medical documentation compliance and security
· Escalate any situations in which there is Provider abrasion to the Clinical Callback Supervisor.
· Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 1 year of experience working in a hospital, physician office or other setting in which medical terminology knowledge was needed.
· At least two (2) years of call center experience in a soft sales environment OR
· Experience effectively working in a position with high outbound call volume.