Responsibilities include the application of encounter level splitting of charts based on identified procedures and standards to ensure product quality. The specialist ensures all charts that are received are split according to well defined policies using specific procedures and systems. Chart Splitting requires independent decision making along side advance technical skills to utilize the various systems to split the chart in the most appropriate encounter.
- Ability to identify quickly appropriate document types that are acceptable to abstract into an encounter.
- Ability to identify quickly appropriate physicians that acceptable to abstract into an encounter.
- Meet and maintain 95% accuracy rate for splitting charts into encounters.
- Repot trends and patterns and make recommendations for improvements in service delivery.
- Assure the timely, objective and comprehensive investigation of error incidents and response/follow up to those incidents.
- Ability to review the received medical records and eliminate the possibility of HIPAA violation.
- Communicates with supervisory staff regarding quality errors found in the medical records.