RemX is seeking a User Interface Engineer for our corporate office. This is a 100% remote, 12 month contract opportunity with the possibility of converting to FTE.
Job Summary: The User Interface Engineer's role is a mid-level position involved in the design, development and implementation of user interface design solutions in support of business cases, proposed projects, and other systems requirements. The role will be on an agile team and include analyzing and developing wireframes and mock images, coding, testing, and refactoring user interfaces to meet business needs. Additional responsibilities may include research and development in new technologies and processes as needed to improve revenue and customer satisfaction.
UI Engineer Essential Job Functions:
- Develop user interface designs for all customer facing web and mobile based applications
- Work with agile scrum teams and other user interface engineers to create mock user interface designs from approved story boards and wireframes
- Assisting in the building a design system, style guides, and libraries that engineering can follow to create user interfaces that provide consistency across all enterprise applications
- Exhibit a leadership style and force multiplier that helps to grow others around the organization
- Be the technical team lead collaborating on a self-organizing scrum team
- Participate in scrum activities and ceremonies
- Promote a fail-forward culture that shows our ability to take risks, grow and exhibit accountability
- Ability to work on tasks in a team environment with limited guidance from other team members
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
User Interface Engineer Requirements:
- Experience with React preferred
- 5+ year of experience building user interfaces for Web or Mobile applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interactions, Web Design/Development, Design, or related technical discipline
- Proficient in business/office application software
- Knowledgeable of setting up applications and development environments
- Experience with the application building/integration/deployment processes to on-premise and cloud environments like AWS and Azure