Department Assistant Position Summary:
Performs a full range of secretarial and administrative duties for a specific department or unit. Requires clerical training or experience and some knowledge of the unit's operational procedures. May perform departmental support functions such as processing payroll, enter data into information systems, or other duties similar in nature.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
1. Type correspondence, reports, memoranda and special projects as requested.
2. Acts as receptionist, answers telephones, route callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
3. Maintains department files and records for budget reports, invoices and time sheets.
4. May make travel and lodging arrangements for the department, through travel agency and maintains appropriate records.
5. Receives mail and routes appropriately.
6. Maintains and orders office supplies.
7. Serves as inter-departmental communication resource.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Apply now for consideration!