Health Information Specialist
Get your foot in the door with one of the leading healthcare systems in the area. Ever-expanding West Knox healthcare business office has an immediate opportunity for a Health Information Specialist.
This company offers an excellent/competitive benefits package, rewards their associates through incentive potential, and bleeds an extremely desirable culture! Walking trails, monthly team functions and more!
These opportunities are Temp to Hire with good performance and attendance! This position is full time, the Hours are 8am-5pm M-F, pay of $12.50/hr.
Position Summary: Compiles and maintains statistics for the department and other areas. Maintains integrity of Master Patient Index. Provides support to staff positions during peak workloads and fills in vacations and holidays. Analyzes/monitors reports. Assists with quality improvement activities and special projects. Assists with training of new employees. Serves as a operator backup in the department. Serves as a resource person to staff members.
Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria:
- Compiles and maintains statistics for the department and other areas
- Serves as a support to clerical and analyst positions within the department
- Assists in the training of new employees
- Assists with quality improvement activities and special projects
- Maintains MPI integrity by performing merges, additions, deletions, and revisions
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services and workshops
- Attends meetings and serves on committees or teams as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
- Demonstrates ability to meet or exceed departmental quality and quantity standards
- Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures, including those related to safety and infection control
Minimum Education: None specified; will accept any combination of formal education and/or prior work experience sufficient to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skill and ability needed to perform the essential tasks of the job, typically such as would be equivalent to a high school diploma or GED. Preference may be given to individuals possessing a HS diploma or GED.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in an acute care Medical Record Department preferred. Detail-oriented, good organization skills, ability to work independently, strong interpersonal skills.
Pay - $12.50/hour