Do you have at least 1 year as a Registered Pharmacy Technician and would like to work with a growing Specialty Company in Brooks, KY? RemX is looking for Pharmacy Technicians to work 2nd shift of 2:30p-11pm Monday-Friday. Pay is $17 an hour! You must be able to work on-site.
The Pharmacy Technician will assist in the preparation and distribution of drugs, maintain drug inventory and records, and provide a variety of clerical and technical assignments to assist with all other job-related duties.
This position will work under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Labels products under Pharmacist's supervision, counts medications, and assist with the delivery of medications/supplies to patient care area. Assist pharmacist in the preparation of medication carts, I.V.'s, medication dispensing system, prepacking, and identifies and replaces outdated or unusable drugs.
- Assists Pharmacist with the information required to consult with patients regarding medications or supplies prescribed, including dosage, frequency, specialized requirements and possible drug interactions.
- Assist Pharmacist in providing optimal drug therapy by ordering within formulary guidelines, performing chart review, and monitoring departmental expenditures.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription information from computer.
- Refers doctors' calls and patients' medical inquiries to Pharmacist.
- Assist Pharmacy Manager in the Administration of pharmacy services and training. Assist pharmacy staff with procurement procedures.
- Responsible for generating reports, i.e., patient charges, billing, and purchasing.
- Assist with HR procedures, accounts payable, and accounts receivable at local level.
- Assist with information technology functions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, including other hospital projects.
Previous Pharmacy Technician experience required.
Registration with the KY Board of Pharmacy MUST be obtained by the start date.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Good analytical skills.