The EMS Technical Support Representative will contribute to providing the customer with the highest level of support for their Energy Management System.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receive incoming calls from customer to provide EMS support, process EMS alarms, EMS emails, during and after hours as required.
- Follow proper call handling guidelines specific to customers and types of incoming calls.
- Ensure incoming phone calls are a priority and answered as soon as possible.
- Ensure that all calls are accurately documented and handled to completion.
- Learn to maneuver within multiple Building Automation system platforms.
- Learn fundamentals of Energy Management, Climate control, refrigeration control, and building automation.
- Assist in troubleshooting EMS system components with on-site technicians.
- Provide feedback on HVAC performance, system operation, and scheduling as needed by connecting to sites live and investigating status.
- Analyze data and provide reporting as assigned.
- Accept and perform given tasks with ownership and sense of urgency.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum 2 years related experience.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective listening skills.
- Understanding of technical terminology.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced goal-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, stay organized, and focused on details.
- Able to make recommendations and take proactive approach.
- Requires general knowledge of the organization, and thorough knowledge of company products and services.
- Requires ability to navigate a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications.
- Ability to build and foster professional relationships.