RemX is partnered with a client in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to find a local Sr. Java Full Stack Engineer to join their team. This is a direct hire (FTE) position.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic Java developer, passionate about programming and curious about innovative software solutions.
Summary: Accountable for developing, designing and recommending innovative software solutions for interfacing or integrating business applications for medium to large projects. Mentor and lead the work of others in more complicated design and programming requirements. Work within a team environment interpreting program or project objectives, specifications and requirements, and writing applicable program codes and commands, testing and implementing process changes, enabling technology-based process improvements and user efficiencies.
Sr. Java Full Stack Engineer Responsibilities:
- Understand product requirements, designing, coding and testing towards building the next generation of products
- Work with product and process owners to extend the application into new functional areas
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to enrich and expand requirements as well as driving product design
- Deliver useful and reliable software solutions through high quality code and process integrity
- Break down Epics into individual stories that can be assigned out to other team members
- Review design approaches and conduct code reviews of junior members of the team
- Collaborate with other team members to complement, complete and improve the development processes
- Set work priorities and multitask effectively
- Troubleshoot and fix any feature issues identified internally or in the production deployments
- Alter programs, as necessary, to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new needs
Sr. Java Full Stack Engineer Requirements:
- Key Competencies:
- Ownership, business acumen, high impact communication, driving innovation, continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in computer science or related discipline.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in design and development of OOP Java based or similar applications
- 10+ years of hands on experience in design and development of web based applications
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with REST API development
- Experience with Source Control Management (e.g., Git, Mercurial, SVN, CVS)
- Ability to collect and analyze facts in order to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Knowledge of the operating principles and fundamental concepts of data communications.
- Experience with TDD
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, verbal & written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Strong follow-through, prioritization skills, and perseverance to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in order to maintain required productivity levels