Manufacturing company in Lenoir City has an immediate need for a part-time Purchasing Assistant.
Must be proficient in Excel and QuickBooks!
This is a contract position with potential of a permanent position. The position is about 20-30 hours a week.
- Determine what raw materials are on hand, compare to the customer orders and production schedule and use excel to plan the raw material purchases
- Use QuickBooks to purchase all raw materials needed for orders and ensure pricing, etc. is as expected.
- Add raw material dates to production schedule based on promised dates from supplier.
- Accept the customer PO and fill out the acceptance form( email orders to employees as an alert).
- Covert the customer order into Sales Orders and Packing slips in QuickBooks and place them in the shipping and receiving office.
- Ensure the customer order goes out as planned and the customer received an Advanced Shipping notice when the order is shipped.
- Collect and distribute general mail each day.
- Add new customers, suppliers, and products into database .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Productive in a team and individual environments( will attend daily production meetings and weekly improvement meetings).
- Proficient with Excel , Word, and ability to learn and master new software
- Energized by strategic problem solving and adhering to standard protocols and procedures.