Immediate need for Loan Officer Assistant for growing local mortgage company.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Loan Assistance
- Assist the Loan Officer in the pre-qualification process for potential borrowers including but not limited to:
- Review and analyze requested income and asset documentation to determine prospects ability to repay.
- Ensure each file meets file quality and completion standards set forth by Regional Guidelines prior to submitting for client disclosures to be disbursed.
- Performs necessary follow-up with the borrower and/or the loan referral source (realtor, builder, etc.) to ensure the timely receipt of any missing documentation needed to meet file submission standards required by the file set-up team and the loan processing department.
- Maintain communication with the borrower and the loan referral source regarding any change of loan status as it pertains to documentation needs in cooperation with the assigned loan processor, milestone touch-points (Processing, Underwriting, Approval, Clear to close), and milestone to ECD (Estimated Closing Date) in the effort to properly manage expectations in meeting loan commitment and closing dates.
- Act as a liaison between the Loan officer and Processor for all matters related to each file. Conduct a daily Brief and Debrief meetings/calls with designated MLO to review full pipeline and set daily strategy/initiatives.
- Conduct a weekly or as needed pipeline meeting/call to identify file progress or issues that need to be addressed.
- Contact borrower and referral source a minimum of 48 hours prior to closing to review the preliminary HUD-1 settlement statement from the attorney/processor.
Work Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA product guidelines but not required.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills; Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills; Solid decision-making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality. Ability to build strong relationships with internal business partners to achieve success.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Committed to taking responsibility and ownership for agreed actions and delivery.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.