Our client has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to support their Honolulu, Hawaii location. This can be remote but the work hours will be Hawaii time (3 hours behind Pacific Time). This is a 6 month contract with possible extension.
- Develop and author procedures and workflows for Business Analysis Group to standardize and document requirements processes.
- Elicit and define business requirements to support changes to process, procedures and use of software systems.
- Develop system requirements of all levels of complexities of projects, defects, enhancements and regulatory requirements of automated and manual systems.
- Provide technical system guidance and assistance to users in the development, maintenance and implementation of automated and manual systems.
- Create detailed business work/task flow diagrams.
- Perform assignments of all analytical levels including problem definition, external design, internal design and testing.
- Identify potential difficulties and communicate to management recommendations of automated systems.
- Schedule, plan and coordinate activities of others in the development, enhancement and implementation of automated systems.
- Develop and deliver training for end users and IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field is desirable. Equivalent work experience is acceptable.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst in the Insurance field (Property and Casualty preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Business Analyst disciplines and methodologies (Agile and Waterfall).
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to evaluate information and identify root cause in order to design an dtest possible solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment and the ability to manage multiple priorities in the same time span.
Additional Preferred Qualification:
- Knowledge of Guidewire Applications: PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, ClaimsCenter.