Non Profit in the Louisville area looking for several qualified Medical assistants to provide high quality care and services.
Pay $15.85 hourly
Hours 7:30am - 4:30pm
Duties include but not limited to the following: obtaining patient medical history information, expediting patient flow, rooming patients, stocking clinic with supplies, navigating electronic health record system (EPIC), scheduling and following-up with appointments and assisting with medication fill and refill requests, checking for prior authorizations and scheduling tests, procedures and consultations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the coordination and flow of patients throughout the patients visit to create an exceptional patient experience.
- Proactively check the provider’s schedule and review information within the patient record to ensure that all required information is available prior to their visit.
- Proactively obtains any missing information from the patient to ensure that medical records are accurate and up to date, which helps to ensure better care is being provided.
- Upon arrival, captures patient’s vital signs, past medical, social and family history, medication usage and preferred pharmacy information.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulatory requirements including HIPAA/OSHA compliance.
- Responds to patient call backs and phones in prescription refill requests.
- Able to administer medication and injections, as required by the practice.
- Able to perform phlebotomy on patients, as required by the practice.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assisting program with current MA Certification.
- Basic computer skills, specifically with navigating within databases containing highly confidential information.
- Basic Life Support and other advanced training as appropriate.
Pay $15.85 hourly
Must be available between the hours of 7:30am - 4:30pm
If interested please send resumes directly to Charity.Beckner@remx.com and mention Medical Assistant.