RemX has partnered with a durable medical equipment company to assist in their search for a Medical Collections Representative for their newly acquired Langhorne, PA office. The candidate will initially work out of the NE Philadelphia office for a few months until they move to the new office. The Medical Collections Representative would work within the Medical Billing Department to facilitate payments from patients directly. If you're interested in advancing your career with a growing company in the medical field, then this opportunity is for you! Qualified candidates please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Medical Collections Representative Job Description:
- Runs statements for each location monthly, determines claim was processed correctly and patient was advised of amount due and sends invoices as applicable.
- Makes outbound calls to patients to determine why payment has not been made.
- Responds to inbound calls to process CC, payment plans, and troubleshoot patient questions/complaints.
- Responsible for accurate and timely posting of patient payments
- Updates system immediately when balances have been satisfied.
Medical Collections Representative Requirements:
- At least 1 year of medical collections experience.
- Must be familiar with Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s) in order to properly answer patient billing questions.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to provide top notch customer service
- Experience working with Word and Excel