Our client has an immediate need for a backend Web Developer. This is a contract to hire position. Only candidates who can covert to permanent employees after 6 months will be considered. MUST BE A NON-SMOKER. The position is remote now but will revert to onsite when it is safe to do so.
- Developing multi-tiered web applications using Ruby or other scripting languages (PHP, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Developing with modern RDMS database design and query techniques (e.g., stored procedures, triggers, etc.) Oracle preferred but MySQL or MS-SQL are acceptable
- The company is organized into self-managing development teams, each with a product owner and 2-4 developers.
- Each team has a stable roster of clients, each of which have many projects.
- The Developers work on these projects "cradle to grave", with intermittent new feature releases, and long-term support.
- For the most part, Developers stay on one team for years at a time, and really get to absorb and learn institutional knowledge about the clients and their projects.
- Almost all of the work is collaborative, either within a team or with clients.
- The company values great communication skills.