Work remotely from home (sit anywhere in the USA)
Reporting to the Payroll Tax Manager, and working on a team, the Payroll Tax Analyst will lead payroll tax activities and processes for our national staffing company - $3BILLION in revenues. We are hiring for us!
- Reconcile daily payroll tax reporting and funding to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
- Work with federal, state local tax agencies and internal partners regarding tax inquiries, audit requests, reporting and detailed analysis when required.
- Research tax and accounting issues and/or questions and prepare written analyses and conclusions.
- Assist with Monthly, Quarterly and Year End activities including reconciling taxable wages to 940s, 941s and W-2s
- Share responsibility of Quarter-end and Year-end tax process, including W-2’s, W-2C’s, Amendments and tax filings not performed by the tax service provider
- Registration of new tax accounts, closing tax accounts and management of Power of Attorney (POA) and TPA assignments
- Review, identify and make recommendations for system and process improvement
- Other payroll tax projects, as needed.
- BA degree or equivalent accounting experience
- 4+ years experience in a payroll tax function.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook), Advanced Excel skills to include V-Lookup, Pivot Tables and Macros.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Designation or currently in progress highly desirable.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex or diverse information; collect and research data; uses experience to complement data.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and set expectations for internal partners with competing priorities
- Great verbal and written customer service skills needed to communicate with a variety of clients.
- Must be able to follow policy, procedures and respond in a timely manner.
Feel free to email me your resume directly firstname.lastname@example.org