The Account Representative - Customs Brokerage is responsible for coordinating and executing shipments to ensure adequate service levels of clients are met. This position supports the company's day to day functions and is the direct liaison for assigned shipments.
Temp to Hire 18.00 per hr
Job Duties: -
- Serves as the customer service liaison between the Company and the customer
- Processes Customs Importer Security Filings.
- Opens files, enters notes, information and document requests in Cargowise and/or AS400 system
- Sends information/document requests to company's employees, suppliers, service providers and/or U.S. Government agencies as needed.
- Communicates with specified offices, departments, and teams on all issues affecting customs brokerage
- Files document requests, correspondence and documents in a file folder identified by the applicable shipping/reference number
- Coordinates shipping details with U.S. Forwarders, Steamship Lines, Airlines, Agents, etc.
- Maintain communication with customers, carriers and vendors
- Coordinate pick-ups and invoice files
- Assist customers with questions, complaints, requests, tracking and tracing
- Handles accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordination of shipments from airline, ocean piers and CFS (container freight station) to customer/consignee destination.
- Review documentation or issue documents to meet government regulations and carrier regulations.