RemX Finance and Accounting Irvine is looking for an Finance/FP&A Analyst for a fast-growing organization in Foothill Ranch. This position will be 100% on-site. You will play an integral role in accurately reporting and analyzing our client's accounting records and performance.
FP&A Analyst responsibilities:
- Assist with budgeting, planning, and forecasting processes
- Assist in the development, use, and application of updates to the planning and forecasting software
- Design, build and maintain monthly reporting of divisional activities with direction from the FP&A team.
- Actively involved in report writing; set up analysis and report generation.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly variance analysis process (forecast to actual, year over year, and sequential comparisons).
- Analyze trends in key metrics and drivers to facilitate the monthly review of actual financial results compared to the budgets and forecasts at multiple levels.
- Identify, analyze and interpret meaningful financial trends and propose action plans for improvement.
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal customers in various organizations and work proactively to identify and solve problems.
- Aid in translating business strategy into the financial impact, and expected results, which include identifying financial risks and opportunities, front and back office requirements.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database design.
FP&A Analyst qualifications:
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- 2 to 5 years Analytical experience
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively review and provide an accurate, well-organized deliverable in a time-conscious fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of financial acumen
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- In depth experience with Microsoft Office applications, ERP software, and other technical applications.
- Experience with multi-dimensional tools and databases.