Patient Billing Coordinator is needed for valley-wide medical group at their Business Office Location in Phoenix (85053). If you are looking to work with a reputable group with a friendly and teamwork focused atmosphere, apply for this role today!!
The Patient Billing Coordinator is to take required action on unpaid account balances in the patient responsibility receivable that progresses the account to a $0 balance. The role additionally performs any task related to self-pay balances including, but not limited to, bankruptcy notices, discharges, patient billing questions and copay assistance.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTY OF THE PATIENT BILLING COORDINATOR INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Ensures a timely self-pay collection cycle by establishing payment plans, collecting on balances, collecting balances through copay assistance means, negotiating discounts, and recommending and transferring accounts to bad debt status.
- Adheres to all fair collections practices as set forth by the Fair Debt Collection Act.
- Reviews reports that indicate payment on account is delinquent, defined as being unpaid after 31 days from the date of service and ensures appropriate collection action is taken.
- Using all means necessary through telephone, email, website, and written communication, works with the patient to resolve the account by a means of payment.
- Follows adjustment policies as set forth by the department director.
- Completes administrative tasks related to the self-pay process.
- Answer’s patient billing inquiries
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Exceptional customer service skills and extensive experience
- ICD-10, 1 year
- Medical collections, medical billing or payment experience required, 2 years
- Demonstrated knowledge of state & federal collections guidelines, 2 years
- Collections experience in a large healthcare practice, 2 years
- Associate’s degree or advanced education specific to business administration
- NextGen PM system, 1 year (current patient accounting system).
Monday - Thursday Schedule. 3 day weekends!
Competitive pay DOE!!
Weekly pay and benefits available!!!
For immediate consideration of this role, you must apply. Please also send your resume to email@example.com and reference JOB ID 769106 – Patient Billing Coordinator